J&J Materials BIG Cash Giveaway – Rules and Regulations
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at J&J Materials Corporation during available business hours Monday through Saturday, at www.jjmaterials.com/contest, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Contest Sponsor address which appears at the end of this document.
J&J Materials Corporation will conduct the J&J Materials BIG Cash Giveaway (“The Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. The Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents of Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut residents within 10 miles of the Rhode Island border, age eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of J&J Materials Corporation, their parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, subcontractors, employees of subcontractors and product suppliers, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees, are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and stepparents, siblings and stepsiblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules, which are final and binding in all matters related to The Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin on May 12, 2021 and will run through October 31, 2021.
- How to Enter. To enter:
- Go to www.jjmaterials.com/contest and complete the entry form.
- If at a J&J Materials Corporation location, scan the QR code with your smartphone to direct you to the online entry form. This form must be filled out and submitted to enter to win.
- If you are reading the Rehoboth Reporter, scan the available QR code which will direct you to the online entry form. This form must be filled out and submitted to enter to win.
All entries must be received by October 31, 2021 to be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing as defined below. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. J&J Materials Corporation is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of J&J Materials Corporation and will not be returned. J&J Materials Corporation reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted.
- Winner Selection. During the second week of the month following the months of May, 2021 through October, 2021, the winner will be announced. J&J Materials Corporation will select 1 winner, as defined below, in a random drawing from all valid entries. The winning entrant will be contacted using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules. J&J Materials Corporation’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the J&J Materials BIG Cash Giveaway and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to The Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY J&J MATERIALS CORPORATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these official rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of the random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to J&J Materials Corporation within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) to claim his/her prize. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, J&J Materials Corporation may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- $10,000 Prizes – 1 winner drawn per month during June, 2021 through October, 2021
J&J Materials Corporation may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use and must provide J&J Materials Corporation with a properly executed IRS Form W-9. The prizes are expressly limited to the item listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities, or any other expenses. A $10,000 winner is not eligible to win the $25,000 Grand Prize.
- $25,000 Grand Prize – 1 winner drawn in November, 2021
J&J Materials Corporation may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute a prize of comparable value. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use and must provide J&J Materials Corporation with a properly executed IRS Form W-9. The prize is expressly limited to the item listed above and does not include taxes, gratuities, or any other expenses. A $10,000 winner is not eligible to win the $25,000 Grand Prize.
Odds of winning any prize depend on several factors, including the number of eligible entries received by approved means from May 12, 2021 to October 31, 2021.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these official rules and the decisions of J&J Materials Corporation, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless J&J Materials Corporation and each of their subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting The Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in The Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant's participation in The Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- By accepting these rules, J&J Materials Corporation will use contest applicant’s entry data for future marketing initiatives via email or by phone. Contest applicants will have the option to opt out once they receive any email or phone call/text from J&J Materials Corporation should they wish to be removed.
- Photo Release. By accepting these rules, contest applicants give permission to J&J Materials Corporation to use their photo in various marketing materials relating to their winnings should the applicant be a winner of any prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in The Contest constitutes entrant’s consent to use by J&J Materials Corporation and its agent of entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued at $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. J&J Materials Corporation reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify The Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond J&J Materials Corporation’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of The Contest as determined by J&J Materials Corporation in its sole discretion. J&J Materials Corporation reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of The Contest or to be acting in violation of these official rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of The Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, J&J Materials Corporation reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. J&J Materials Corporation’s failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by J&J Materials Corporation entrants, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the J&J Materials BIG Cash Giveaway; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process for the J&J Materials BIG Cash Giveaway; (d) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the J&J Materials BIG Cash Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the J&J Materials BIG Cash Giveaway or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event a production, technical, programming, or other error causes more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these official rules to be claimed, J&J Materials Corporation reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the J&J Materials BIG Cash Giveaway or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the J&J Materials BIG Cash Giveaway, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court in Massachusetts; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the J&J Materials BIG Cash Giveaway, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and J&J Materials Corporation in connection with the J&J Materials BIG Cash Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which J&J Materials Corporation is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which J&J Materials Corporation is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which J&J Materials Corporation is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the entry period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to J&J Materials Corporation at the address shown below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: J&J Materials Corporation
71 Fall River Avenue
Rehoboth, MA 02769