When it comes time to create a new outdoor living space – or expand on your current space – the first thing that you need to think about is the flooring. There are lots of different types of materials that can be used to create a patio and, depending on the type of use that you plan for it and the space that you want to put it in, some materials will be better for your unique situation than others. To determine the best patio materials, it is important to look at a wide variety of manufactured, brick, block and natural stone patio options.
Once you determine the materials you want to use, then you can focus on how to build a paver patio, whether it will be put in permanently with mortar or done using a gravel bed and paver sand for added strength and durability. There are a couple of different ways to go about this and most homeowners consider a variety of different popular ideas before deciding which will work best for them. No matter where you live in the South Coast region, Foxborough backyard ideas or designs used in Pawtucket, New Bedford or Dartmouth, the method, materials and style that you choose should be unique to your particular location.
Step One: Determine What Type of Space Your Want to Create
Before you can ever decide which materials are the best patio materials for your new outdoor living space, it is important to decide what you want to do there. Here is a list of some of the most widely used ideas by New England homeowners who want to expand their living area and enjoy the fresh air and freedom of the outdoors.
- LIVING ROOM – You can create a little living room or family room area outdoors on a natural stone patio that is only 10×10 square. You don’t need as much space as you might think, so if space is limited you can feel free to move forward with your plans. Use comfortable furniture, throw pillows, blankets, cushions and other relaxing fabrics to help make your new outdoor room complete. Don’t forget lighting, tables for setting out drinks or even a larger table for family game night. Consider hammocks, porch swings and other comforting furniture that will make your new outdoor living room a true retreat from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
- KITCHEN – Another thing to consider when you decide how to build a paver patio is whether or not you are going to be doing any outdoor cooking. Choose from grills, to smokers, rotisseries to built-in kitchens with counter tops, sinks and stoves. J&J Materials has a wide variety of outdoor kitchen set-ups that you can use to truly customize your home and even has natural stone kitchens to match your new natural stone patio. Think portable table and chair set-ups that can be expanded for lots of guests, as well as smaller set-ups for when it’s just the family alone.
- GARDEN – A great way to create a unique backyard experience is to create a secluded garden area that you get to by following a meandering natural stone path. You can use the same best patio materials that you choose for your natural stone patio and create a walkway or pathway made from similarly colored stones, gravel, sand or anything else that you choose to use. Plant lots of flowering bushes, trees and plants that will add texture and dimension to your special place. Includes lights for nighttime enjoyment as well and make room for a bench, hammock or other type of comfortable place to sit and enjoy the scents of summer.
Step Two: Determine What Materials Are the Best Patio Materials for the Job
When you go to a masonry and landscaping material supply company like J&J Materials, you become exposed to a whole world of brand new options and ideas. Choose from a beautiful natural stone patio or a durable, long-lasting paver patio made from high-quality Nantucket pavers. Select the best patio materials that will help to accent, stabilize and protect your new outdoor space – stone dust, sand, gravel and polymeric sand can all be used in between the stones to create a strong and functional outdoor living space.
Some of the best patio materials available at J&J Materials include:
- Belgard permeable pavers with a 50 year life-cycle for the surface
- environmentally-friendly Pavestone pavers that decrease storm water run-off rates
- Belgard concrete pavers in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors
- super durable Pavestone concrete pavers that can withstand freeze-thaw conditions
- elegant and stunning Techo-Bloc stone to complement your architectural motif
- Nantucket pavers in natural bluestone and rivenstone color blends
- Belgard Lafitt patio slab with a natural slate appearance
- Dimensional Flagstone in your choice of bluestone, brownstone and limestone
- patio blocks in 8×16 or 16×16 squares in natural concrete or red
- …PLUS our famous patios-on-a-pallet kit with everything you need to make a 10×10 or 12×12 patio in a single weekend – your choice of blue, blue or tan variegated
Step Three: Decide Where to Purchase the Best Patio Materials
If you haven’t been convinced already that J&J Materials is the place to buy the best patio materials in the South Coast region, you need to stop by our showroom and take a look at the high-quality materials and options that we have in stock. Choose from a classic natural stone patio or a patio-on-a-pallet that will help you learn how to build a paver patio in just a couple of days. Our team of friendly and knowledgeable customer service and sales agents can help you sort through your entire list of local Foxborough backyard ideas and find the one that is right for you and your lifestyle. Visit one of our two locations in Rehoboth or in Bourne and ask about our delivery services that extend from Bourne to Scituate on out to Fall River and beyond to Pawtucket and Providence, Rhode Island. Call J&J Materials for the very best patio materials and more in Southeastern Massachusetts!